Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fragmented urination - paruresis
11-06-2015, 12:03 PM
Fragmented urination - paruresis
Hello, I thought that somebody here might help me with one question of mine.
I have read that certain tantric exercises - fragmented urination technique in particular - can help people treat their urinal dysfunctions.
Does it help to treat also shy bladder syndrome (inability to urinate while others are nearby)?
If somebody has any knowledge on this subject, I will certainly appreciate your reply.
Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: Fragmented urination - paruresis
(11-06-2015 12:03 PM)johnny319 Wrote:  Hello, I thought that somebody here might help me with one question of mine.
I have read that certain tantric exercises - fragmented urination technique in particular - can help people treat their urinal dysfunctions.
Does it help to treat also shy bladder syndrome (inability to urinate while others are nearby)?
If somebody has any knowledge on this subject, I will certainly appreciate your reply.
Thanks.

Dear johnny319
the fragmented urination technique, when properly done, has many amazing effects including healing several dysfunctions.
in regards to the specific issue you have mentioned - i myself have not experienced this problem and therefore cannot speak on it, but through my own practice and experience with that technique here is what i can say:
a very important element of the technique is that both the contractions of the muscles that stop the urination, as well as the relaxation of the same muscles - have to be done in as much awareness as possible, and without contracting other muscles in that area. this is important to your question - because usually the muscelary contractions and relaxations which allow urination are doe by us in an almost unconscious state, kind of on auto-pilot, and usually we do not separate those muscles from other muscles in the area of the pelvis and therefore contact several muscles together, though most of them are not needed. thus, our control over the muscles required for urination is only partially under our conscious control.
there is a link between the body and the mind - some physiological contractions are associated in our brains to some emotions and thought patters. for example - when we get stressed we can clench our jaw etc. it seems to me from your question, that in the case of 'shy bladder syndrome' we are talking about an emotion of shines which is preventing us from activating those muscles at will. but, if we would be more aware of those muscles, more trained in controlling them by will, we could operate them regardless of what emotion we might have. this improved awareness and control over the muscles of urination is developed very well by the practice of the technique that you have mentioned.
therefore, i am fairly confident that this technique will indeed help in the case that you have mentioned.
12-06-2015, 12:25 PM
Thank you very much, for your words and advice, it is highly appreciated!
12-06-2015, 02:04 PM
(12-06-2015 12:25 PM)johnny319 Wrote:  Thank you very much, for your words and advice, it is highly appreciated!

You are most welcome.
12-07-2015, 11:06 PM
Hello, you gave me an advice about fragmented urination technique about a month ago, which I appreciate very much. Now I am practicing this technique to get rid of my problem with "shy bladder syndrome".

If you dont mind, there are some more things that I would like to ask you about this technique.

Is there any special importance as to the number you fragment your flow into, in each urination? Can it be said that as many times as possible is the best?

Also you told me that it is important to be aware of those muscles that affect the urination.. I wonder how do I get to know which ones they are. I have read that the muscle you activate when you stop the flow of urine is the PC muscle.. does that mean that this is the muscle I should be concerned about?

I have managed to feel this muscle with my fingers while I stop the flow of urine.. but still I have a feeling that there must be some other part of this mechanism, since just relaxing of this muscle does not start the flow of urine .. if it would be so, this would work like a plug, and it would mean that we have it contracted all the time when we are not urinating.
Please pardon me for bothering you with all of this, but the information I could find on this subject online is really scarce.
27-07-2015, 12:49 AM
(12-07-2015 11:06 PM)johnny319 Wrote:  Hello, you gave me an advice about fragmented urination technique about a month ago, which I appreciate very much. Now I am practicing this technique to get rid of my problem with "shy bladder syndrome".

If you dont mind, there are some more things that I would like to ask you about this technique.

Is there any special importance as to the number you fragment your flow into, in each urination? Can it be said that as many times as possible is the best?

Also you told me that it is important to be aware of those muscles that affect the urination.. I wonder how do I get to know which ones they are. I have read that the muscle you activate when you stop the flow of urine is the PC muscle.. does that mean that this is the muscle I should be concerned about?

I have managed to feel this muscle with my fingers while I stop the flow of urine.. but still I have a feeling that there must be some other part of this mechanism, since just relaxing of this muscle does not start the flow of urine .. if it would be so, this would work like a plug, and it would mean that we have it contracted all the time when we are not urinating.
Please pardon me for bothering you with all of this, but the information I could find on this subject online is really scarce.

Hi johnny319,
Yes, it's the PC muscle that's in focus.
How ever, it is not the PC muscle which is contracted all the time, but rather the muscles around the bladder itself. Once we release those muscles the PC muscle works like a plug and can be trained every time we urinate.
Regarding shy bladder it is the ability to relax the bladder itself at will that you need to improve. I think that could be trained when somebody is around - to ask somebody to help, for example to ask a friend to enter the bathroom after you have already started urinating as it is much easier after the bladder already relaxed once... so you start to urinate when you are alone, then you shout to your friend to enter while you are urinating. Next step you start to urinate, the stop and then call your friend to enter and then restart to urinate. when you are able to do this then you can have your friend present before you even start peeing. so this way you are getting used step by step to the presence of another while urinating. I think this might be more effective for this specific problem rather then the fractioned urination - which is a profoundly beneficial technique on many levels and which also helps your case but in a less direct manner.
I hope this is helpful.
27-07-2015, 11:21 PM
Thank you again, for your advice.

This is kind of a sensitive matter for me, I feel like trying to fix this problem by myself, if I fail in this by any strange chance, then I will certainly try to use the technique you have just suggested.

There are some more things in this matter that are not quite clear to me.
I wonder if it is possible at all to gain conscious control of those bladder muscles.

You have also mentioned that fractioned urination technique helps in case of shy bladder (even though in not so direct manner). I wonder in what manner does it help, if you could elaborate. From what I have figured out from our intercourse, for now I understand things like this - shy bladder is problem with contracted bladder muscles; fragmented urination works with other part of urination mechanism - the PC muscle.

The source of this shy bladder problem seems to me to be an emotion of anxiety that keeps those bladder muscles flexed even when they should have been relaxed.
The most elegant solution would be to find a way to deal with this anxiety, and thus fix its symptoms.
From my own experience, there seems to be an equation - the more the anxiety, the less the ability to urinate. I have tried to deal with this emotion by technique of affirming and acknowledging it - it did help in less severe situations, and I hope it will help in all the situations eventually.
28-07-2015, 11:52 PM
(27-07-2015 11:21 PM)johnny319 Wrote:  Thank you again, for your advice.

This is kind of a sensitive matter for me, I feel like trying to fix this problem by myself, if I fail in this by any strange chance, then I will certainly try to use the technique you have just suggested.

There are some more things in this matter that are not quite clear to me.
I wonder if it is possible at all to gain conscious control of those bladder muscles.

You have also mentioned that fractioned urination technique helps in case of shy bladder (even though in not so direct manner). I wonder in what manner does it help, if you could elaborate. From what I have figured out from our intercourse, for now I understand things like this - shy bladder is problem with contracted bladder muscles; fragmented urination works with other part of urination mechanism - the PC muscle.

The source of this shy bladder problem seems to me to be an emotion of anxiety that keeps those bladder muscles flexed even when they should have been relaxed.
The most elegant solution would be to find a way to deal with this anxiety, and thus fix its symptoms.
From my own experience, there seems to be an equation - the more the anxiety, the less the ability to urinate. I have tried to deal with this emotion by technique of affirming and acknowledging it - it did help in less severe situations, and I hope it will help in all the situations eventually.

Hi Johnny,
yes, what you write is intelligent and correct.
i assure you from my own experience that these muscles can come under perfect control.
yes - it is an emotional response (most likely of anxiety) which is keeping the muscles contracted even when you need them to relax. there is obviously a correlation between your emotional response and the presence of others in the room.
you can approach the issue from 2 directions: approach it at its source - the emotion itself; or approach it through the body - since it manifests through the body as a contraction of the bladder muscles you can also treat it by consciously relaxing the same muscles. i would advise to use both modalities simultaneously for maximum effect.
with love and light
29-07-2015, 11:44 PM
If I may be so bold to inquire further about this topic..

What you say - that bladder muscles can come under perfect control - fills me with great hope.

I just wonder how this could be done - as for myself, I am not consciously aware of them, dont "feel" them, since as you said, they are usually operated subconsciously.

How can one train relaxing them? Can it be done through fragmented urination technique, or does this technique work just with PC muscle? (sorry kind of confused here)

I have also wondered if "short urine retention" technique could be of some help here.

Thanks.
02-08-2015, 11:21 PM
(29-07-2015 11:44 PM)johnny319 Wrote:  If I may be so bold to inquire further about this topic..

What you say - that bladder muscles can come under perfect control - fills me with great hope.

I just wonder how this could be done - as for myself, I am not consciously aware of them, dont "feel" them, since as you said, they are usually operated subconsciously.

How can one train relaxing them? Can it be done through fragmented urination technique, or does this technique work just with PC muscle? (sorry kind of confused here)

I have also wondered if "short urine retention" technique could be of some help here.

Thanks.

Hi Johnny
yes - the fragmented urination technique works primarily on the pc muscle.
I can assure you that the muscles around the bladder can be trained - i myself have trained in relaxing them so i can urinate in positions or situaitons which at first were not comfortable for me. what you need to train is your control of these muscles. you do so by becoming very aware of what happens when you start to urinate - that first ting is the relaxing of these muscles. do it again and again so you become aware of that muscle (in separate times, not like in the fragmented urniation - that is the pc muscle that works like a plug and blocks the flow). then you can do it in other situations (like learning to urinate under water for example, or positions which are not as familiar for you) - gradually you will become aware of what it is that you do when you start to urinate, what it is that you relax and how you do it. then it becomes a conscious act.

with best wishes

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Google plus share Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)