Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Healthy Food for Yogies
19-11-2013, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 12:14 AM by admin4.)
Healthy Food for Yogies
One thing not to eat is sugar.

The negative effects of sugar and how to empower people to make better food choices.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-12-2013, 02:08 AM
Smile RE: healthy food for Yogies
Hello, i would like to share my amazing experience of stopping to eat white sugar.
I ate white sugar unconsciously my entire life until 3 months ago when i decided to try the difference, to not to eat sugar. Some of my yogi friends were speaking about it, saying that they were in a diet of not eating sugar, i was wondering what was wrong with them, why not to eat it?. Then i started to prepare my mind, i even told a friend of mine one day: i am preparing to stop eating sugar, he was inspiring me somehow, saying all the great effects which not to have white sugar in the blood system gives and i remember him saying that he does not need it anymore. Then i got to the point in which i was prepared to do so, i just stopped totally, it was not difficult at all. And when i did after a while i could feel coming back from a dream, is not that my mind is totally still and calm but somehow i feel life is more real than it was before when i was eating almost everyday white sugar. Is amazing to enjoy the real sugar from fruits, honey, raw cane sugar, is pure and cleaning. So i think the best way to see the difference is to make the change and experience, fully aware of the effects and not just to keep doing it because one is used to. So i encourage people to it!.
19-12-2013, 06:57 PM
RE: healthy food for Yogies
(19-12-2013 02:08 AM)Angeldefuego Wrote:  Hello, i would like to share my amazing experience of stopping to eat white sugar.
I ate white sugar unconsciously my entire life until 3 months ago when i decided to try the difference, to not to eat sugar. Some of my yogi friends were speaking about it, saying that they were in a diet of not eating sugar, i was wondering what was wrong with them, why not to eat it?. Then i started to prepare my mind, i even told a friend of mine one day: i am preparing to stop eating sugar, he was inspiring me somehow, saying all the great effects which not to have white sugar in the blood system gives and i remember him saying that he does not need it anymore. Then i got to the point in which i was prepared to do so, i just stopped totally, it was not difficult at all. And when i did after a while i could feel coming back from a dream, is not that my mind is totally still and calm but somehow i feel life is more real than it was before when i was eating almost everyday white sugar. Is amazing to enjoy the real sugar from fruits, honey, raw cane sugar, is pure and cleaning. So i think the best way to see the difference is to make the change and experience, fully aware of the effects and not just to keep doing it because one is used to. So i encourage people to it!.

wow, so inspiring. thanks for sharing. i want to stop sugar too, but if you do it properly it is shocking to see that sugar is in most packed supermarket food, (like bread, peanut butter, chips, many mueslis, drinks, most fast foods …)

it is quiet a challenge to surpass old habits and cravings. and not to speak about the reactions of family and friends,
"You’re at a birthday party and you’re not having cake?" or currently all the temptations at christmas parties
20-12-2013, 04:26 PM
also it is very good not to eat meat.
For one thing, it is realy cruel to animals.

Here is a documentary i like about the cruel way people today treat animals:

20-12-2013, 09:59 PM
(19-12-2013 06:57 PM)Puffi Wrote:  
(19-12-2013 02:08 AM)Angeldefuego Wrote:  Hello, i would like to share my amazing experience of stopping to eat white sugar.

wow, so inspiring. thanks for sharing. i want to stop sugar too, but if you do it properly it is shocking to see that sugar is in most packed supermarket food, (like bread, peanut butter, chips, many mueslis, drinks, most fast foods …)

it is quiet a challenge to surpass old habits and cravings. and not to speak about the reactions of family and friends,
"You’re at a birthday party and you’re not having cake?" or currently all the temptations at christmas parties

HelloWink, thank you for replying!.
Indeed its challenging, but its all in the mind, if you have your purpose very clear and established in your self, there is no strong temptation that can beat you. And you can go for a nice and healthy option, like using honey, dates, many good ingredients which will only help you to be more aware and in good health.
20-12-2013, 10:19 PM
(20-12-2013 04:26 PM)yogi7 Wrote:  also it is very good not to eat meat.

From my experience, it is not only good not to eat meat for how the animals are treated when prepared to die and so on, but also because what you are really putting in your organism is something without life and here i make a link to the Yoga and Resonance post http://concordiayogaforum.net/thread-24.html, if you start to feel what resonance you tune with when eating meat you will get shocked.
I used to eat meat, 3 years ago my body started to feel the resonance, i became aware of what the reactions of the body were for doing so and little by little i stopped eating meat. I got sick a lot for a while, my body was bringing out what i had given to it for so many years, then when this purification was over, i almost never get sick again and i can feel so much the difference. Now i keep an lacto-vegetarian diet and the results are amazing. I encourage people to feel the resonance in the food and why not to try not eating meat for a while to see the effects, and experience it.
21-12-2013, 12:37 AM
In most spiritual believes it is well-known that food is the source of the body's chemistry, and what we ingest affects our consciousness, emotions and experiential pattern. If we want to live in higher consciousness, then we should consider not eating meat or fish.
21-12-2013, 12:43 AM

such a mean and cruel world we live in. so much violence and suffering. i have never managed so watch such a documentary till the end. just makes me sick and sad. every meat eater should see this!
22-12-2013, 12:12 AM
Question RE: healthy food for Yogies
more and more often i hear success stories of people who healed sever diseases by omitting dairy products. That makes me wonder if it is healthy for us. Are we really meant to drink and eat milk products to such an extend as we do nowadays?

what is your opinion?

here some interesting articles i found to this:

Did Drinking Milk As A Kid Make Sense To You?
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013...t-do-that/

The Sour Facts About Milk: What Every Parent Needs To Know
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013...s-to-know/

Milk Making Its Way Through Stages Of Truth
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2012...-of-truth/

Most Human Being Are Lactose Intolerant Here’s Why
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013...s-harmful/

- See more at: http://www.collective-evolution.com/2013...FSogZ.dpuf
23-12-2013, 01:00 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 12:17 AM by admin4.)
(21-12-2013 12:43 AM)annam Wrote:  

such a mean and cruel world we live in. so much violence and suffering. i have never managed so watch such a documentary till the end. just makes me sick and sad. every meat eater should see this!

Another reason to become vegetarian or at least to reduce meat consumption is that 70% of all the soya produced in the world and 30% of the entire grain of Earth is fed to livestock, to produce meat and animal-products. This is happening when every days thousands of people die of hunger. Even if half of that grain was fed to people instead of animals, world hunger would become a myth.

[Image: c052e9ff1acb1e8eb37b8ceccc4afc51.jpg]

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Google plus share Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)