Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
oshawa diet
07-10-2013, 05:31 PM
oshawa diet
I hear people made 7 10-day oshawa diets in row, with three days break in between. How long is it safe to practise the oshawa diet?
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 11:48 PM
RE: oshawa diet
@ marlon
the oshawa diet to which you are probably referring is the one known as "number 7". This is a quite tough diet and requires a good vitality and also a careful observation of one's own reactions. It is possible that in the beginning to be enough to keep such diet only once every few months and only when the state of harmony and balance will increase, realizing these diets more often would become possible.
There is a method of purification used as a preparation for a very special yogic technique implying among other things to have this series of seven 10days "oshawa number 7" diets, separated by three days of normal diet. But this method is applied after some years of very intense hatha yoga practice and only when the aspirant have been experimenting with a gradual process.
Therefore i would advice you not to put try to find out how long it is safe to keep this diet but rather how long it is really useful for your spiritual transformation.
Find all posts by this user
15-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Hi
Hi from Romania!!!
15-10-2013, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2014 11:50 PM by admin4.)
Dear All,
I can tell you about my experience in Oshawa. From the beginning everything was ok; I was just hungry and not very comfortable in eating just the cereals, in the 3rd day the party started Smile My back was in a terrible ache my head was surrounding I was terribly ill. In the 5th day the above symptoms started to dilute little by little and starting with 6th day I was like a bird, happy, easy I had the impression that I could fly. Mt body became very slim & easy I believe I lost a lot o waste I do not know how much exactly however in the end of Oshawa I simply did not want to end it but I did it. I believe it is just amazing diet but you have to have a very good condition and have a strong mind and a very good motivation.
Wishing you good luck and free hugs,
Laura
19-10-2013, 05:39 AM
Hi. I just finished (at midnight) my 27-th Ohsawa. I found that for me one 10 days Ohsawa a month it's perfect. And also 2 days/week of fasting (Tuesday and Friday). I invite you to join me on this tapas... Next Ohsawa will be starting from 13-th of November till 22-nd of November. During Ohsawa I'm fasting on each Tuesday and Friday!
25-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi,
Can anybody explain what is the Oshawa diet and how does one do this 'number 7' diet?
22-11-2013, 08:38 PM
(25-10-2013 01:09 PM)pierre Wrote:  Hi,
Can anybody explain what is the Oshawa diet and how does one do this 'number 7' diet?

The Ohsawa diet No. 7 is a most severe diet that Dr. George Ohsawa, the founder of the Macrobiotic diet and philosophy, used with maximum effectiveness for curing diseases caused by excess of yin energy (-). In macrobiotics is explained that each food consist also of subtle life energy and all energy is born from the interaction of the polar forces, yin (-) and yang (+) (as we also know from yoga) and thus certain foods are more charged with yin (-) energies and other with or yang (+) energy. Nowadays due to our lifestyle, many people suffer from illnesses caused by excess of yin (-) energy in their being. The Ohsawa diet No.7 is built in a way that it rapidly balances the being in terms of polar energies yin(-) yang(+). Also many yogies who got to know and realize the effectiveness of this diet use it for purifying and balancing their body and being.
The diet consists of eating for 10 days only rice, wheat, millet and buckwheat, boiled in water or baked with little sea salt (combination and proportion of these cereals one can freely choose) and for drinking only water. (And after the 10 days diet come back slowly and with common sense to more regular diet)
During the diet some people might experience some unpleasant physiological reactions, due to the strong detoxification of the body. But if continuing the diet perseveringly, these symptoms will usually disappear shortly and will be replaced by a more improved metabolism and a bodily condition.
For curing serious illnesses Dr. Ohsawa used this diet in successive periods, with a few days (3 or 5) break in-between the 10 days diets. During the break the patient was eating also other food, but preferably predominantly yang (+). But as mentioned, this is not be recommended in most cases and requires preparation and vitality. ‘
The wonderful effects many notice after trying out even just one 10 days Ohsawa the diet are clarity and sharpness of mind, clean and bright skin due to harmonized hormonal secretions, brightness of the eyes and unexplained force and lust for life.
26-11-2013, 08:54 PM
I tried this diet a few weeks ago. I ate only brown rice for ten days but drank herbal tea instead of water (that was the recommendation in most of the versions I could find on the web - the point being that cold water is supposedly yin, whereas certain teas - black tea, ginger, basil and others - are supposed to have a yang character). Anyway, I can't say that I noticed any benefits of the diet apart from the satisfaction of the accomplishment itself. I felt pretty weak through most of it, had difficulties keeping warm and caught me a cold towards the end. Based on my experience (however limited) I would mostly recommend this diet on moral grounds, since I believe it may give some healthy perspective to eat like in a third-world-country for a few days.
08-12-2013, 04:00 PM
From my experience with the Oshaba diet, i did the first time as soon as i got the initiation with 12 friends and it was amazing!, we did 3 times in a role. It was very powerful the aspiration, the focus, we were helping each other a lot and most of us had very good results. I did once my self and just one more friend, but the conditions were not good, we were not eating very much because of work which is a very big mistake doing such a diet, and we were working outside in a really cold winter. You really have to be in a good shape to start Oshaba and also to eat a lot in this way the benefits are great!.
20-02-2014, 03:29 AM
Does anyone know why some people complain about sore joints when doing this diet?

What kind of detoxing are we talking about?

If one has a strong Pitta Agni is it still a good idea to do? I heard it can increase acidity.

Thanks

[-]
Share/Bookmark (Show All)
Google plus share Facebook Linkedin Technorati Twitter Digg MySpace Delicious

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)